Monday, July 30, 2007

Diet of Doom

For those of you who haven't seen me lately, I've been doing this insane diet over the past month or so. It's absolutely kicking my butt... but in a good way!
Why? Well, I wasn't getting nearly as much exercise as I would've liked and I was eating a lot of pre-prepared meals and take-out all the time. Working at home (alone) does that to you, I guess. And those habits were just making me feel... blah. So I took action. And if you know me, you know I don't do anything half-assed.
The first 9 days were a detox period. Getting all the bad stuff out and only putting good stuff (fruits and veggies only) in. It was exhausting, but it really shocked my system into gear.
The next three weeks, I got to have a tiny bit of meat and dairy each day, plus the occasional bowl of cereal. And again, lots of fruits and vegetables. Mmm.
Now, in phase 3, there's more meat and dairy options... and I can even add in whole wheat bread & pasta and the occasional cookie!
Still no alcohol, fried food, white bread, white rice, white pasta, potatoes or delicious baked goods (cakes, pastries, etc) for a while.
Oh, and I'm also exercising about an hour a day, 5 times a week.
So far, I've lost over 20 pounds in 30 days. To be honest, I feel great. And some have said I'm not looking too bad either. :)
Just three more weeks in this phase and then I can go back to eating and drinking anything I want again (in moderation, of course). Not a bad deal.
I know I can make it...
...but, man, I REALLY want some freakin' nachos right now...
.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home