Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back in the game...

Yesterday was a blast! It rained all the way up to Cedar Point... but as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, it stopped. Sure, it was cool, gray and humid... but there wasn't another drop of rain the entire time we were at the park! And since the weather looked like it was going to be so horrible early on, it kept a lot of people away. We got to ride everything we wanted to (including the new coaster, Maverick) by 4:30 or so... so we left the park, got some dinner, and then came back to ride everything again before the park closed at 8:00. Not a bad way to do it at all!
I had a lot of fun with Scott and Jenn, too! I don't get to see them too often these days, what with them being in Chicago and super busy with jobs and theatre and whatever else... but it was really great just to have a day with the whole family together. Makes me really look forward to the holidays (which, last year, I definitely did not look forward to... for other reasons...).
We did mainly coasters yesterday. Of course, the three standouts were Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force. (I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the Blue Streak and Gemini, though!) The speed and adrenaline was much needed after a weekend stuck inside behind the writing desk. The release of tension was a huge help to get my head back in the game.
And that's where I am now. Back in the game. Whatever that means.
More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home