Monday, September 10, 2007

Over-qualified...

I've been using a lot of qualifiers when I talk to people lately.
"If things go well..."
"If they like my work..."
"If we decide to get together..."
"If there's something worth pursuing..."
"If, if, if..."
Where are all these "if"s coming from? Not from a lack of confidence. In fact, I've got more of that than I've had in years!
I think maybe it's just a little weird for me to be putting myself out there again. It's been a long time since I've had to (or wanted to) just open up completely and expect good things to happen.
But looking back at my life, good things have always happened for me. Usually they happen without any effort... but when they don't, I've always found a way to make good things happen.
Even when life took bad turns along the way, I've always recovered and found a way to get back on the horse and make things even better after it all settled out.
So enough with the qualifiers! Time to expect good things with no reservations!
(If I can...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home