Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Moment of Silence

Six years ago, I looked down my street to see a plume of smoke drifitng over the city. I had no idea where it was coming from, but I had a gut feeling something was very wrong. I had no idea how right I was.
A few hours later, I stood out on 5th Avenue -- dust covered survivors streaming past me as they made the long march up the island to safety -- and took my last look at the Towers before they crumbled to the ground.
They may not be there anymore, but I can still see them.
Always will...

2 Comments:

At September 11, 2007 at 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been six years. I remember every detail of that day so vividly...

 
At September 11, 2007 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Sumerak! said...

In my post, I wrote "A few hours later..." but I just realized that everything happened in the span of an hour and a half or so.
It's so crazy to think how fast it really happened. The whole world seemed to be moving in slow motion that day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home